Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Looking for LongRange shooting schools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

Re: Looking for LongRange shooting schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
Vernon Harrison runs an extremely good LR shooting school here in VA. Central Virginia Tactical. Contact him.

|| Central Virginia Tactical || Precision Long Range Rifle Training || Home ||

He is retired SF and alphabet agency sniper who trains civilian, military and LE on his range which steel targets out to 1200-1400 yds. The principles are the same; reading the wind, ballistics, basic shooting skills etc. No training on stalking, gillie suits etc, all shooting related.

Tom Sarver at Thunder Valley in Ohio runs some steel matches and one on one training also. His range goes to over one mile on steel and paper targets.

The Thunder Valley Rifle Club-Home of the Ohio 1000 yd Club

The quantico shooting club runs unofficial fclass matches the first sunday of the month that are open to anyone. shooting at 800, 900 and 1000. come and try it. It is not run by the official NRA rules, shoot what you bring and basically that is it. You can check their website for the match schedule.

Quantico Shooting Club

BH
I think Tom sold his range. I do know that there are no more IBS matches held there. I am not sure what is going on, but Tom and his range were both TOP NOTCH!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Bronze Member

I went to Shawn's class and loved it. He doesn't try to sell you any gear and it's really tuned for the hunter. He will tell you simply what has and hasn't worked for him and if you don't agree then you are free to do what you want.

He spends tons of hours in the field hunting bear, elk, deer, etc and applies most of his teachings to hunting. So it's not about hitting a gong at a mile but killing that 400" bull elk you have your sights on at 1000 yards.

It's worth the trip to Idaho.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Training with Vern at CVT - insights? - Sniper's Hide Forums

Here is a thread or two talking about Vernon and the CVT training.

BH
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
Training with Vern at CVT - insights? - Sniper's Hide Forums

Here is a thread or two talking about Vernon and the CVT training.

BH
I e-mailed Vern and he is retiring. Refering a guy in Ga. he trained. What part of Va. was Vern located .
mike
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xforfun View Post
I think Tom sold his range. I do know that there are no more IBS matches held there. I am not sure what is going on, but Tom and his range were both TOP NOTCH!!!!
Nope, deal fell thru, Tom still has his range.

Templar Tactical has changed their website and dropped all mentioning of Toms range.

BH