Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Longrange videos here I come!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Silver Member

Re: Longrange videos here I come!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemens View Post
Anyone know if these kits from kowa fit android phone. Really like this

Get a phoneskope. They make them for just about any phone.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Bronze Member

I currently have the Kowa that I use with my iphone 4 and Swaro 20-60x60 non-HD. It takes excellent pictures and video and the best thing is that once you have the spotting scope focused all you have to do is slide the camera on and touch the screen on what you want focused and its perfectly focused with very limited wiggle.

When I upgrade to the iphone 5, I will be buying the Outdoorsman's odapter, which is machined to much tighter tolerances than the Kowa and attaches to any hard phone case. The Kowa uses some felt tap inside the adapter to take up the extra room between the eye piece and the adapter.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Silver Member

Just got my Vortex spotting scope yesterday. I took it out and videod a cow at 327, a hawk at 665, a turkey at 950, and a coyote and 2 deer at approx. 1500.
The cow completely fills the screen, and you can actually see flies on it. Crystal clear image.
The hawk is picking its feathers, and you can see it great.
The turkey is feeding in a meadow, and the video isn't exactly crystal clear, but it is still very good, and you can still see its eyes as it looks around.
The coyote I spotted was laying in a meadow with just his head sticking out of the grass. How I seen this is beyond me. I could range to the bottom of the meadow and it was 1000 yds, and he was way beyond that point. As I was videoing the coyote, 2 deer came down to within about 15 yds of him. He perked up, but did nothing. The deer spooked from him, and he layed back down.
I will get these videos on here and /or youtube soon as I can.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Platinum Member

awesome
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Russo View Post
Got an e-mail from Eric last night, and he provided me with Reggie's number. I'll respect his "weekend time" and ping him on Monday.
Talked with Reggie last week, and he sent the pieces I need to hook up my camera to my Leica scope. As soon as I can get a few minutes to head out to the field, I'll put it through the paces and see what gives... He was interested in my Leica big eye setup, and I'm going to do my best to put a set together for him.
Deal in confidence with him, he's GTG in my book.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Silver Member

Joel,
I spoke with reggie yesterday. He talked about a very interesting guy from PA that called him about the scopecam from this thread. I'm assuming that you are the interesting leica guy. Hope he gets you hooked up. I'm working 85.75 hours a week right now, and have very limited time also. I can't wait to get my software to put together some video for everyone to see. I'd like to help Reggie with some sales because he was so helpful for me, but the main reason is for all us longrange hunting and shooting guys to be able to have some quality videos.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

oldmossy did you get the Razor scope?