Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Longrange shooting games?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Gold Member

Longrange shooting games?

I have a private range that I can shoot to little more than 600 yards. By private I mean farm fields . I'm going to have a couple small get togethers this year, and was wondering what are some shooting games we could do. The range will be from 100-600 with some rimfire shoots in there. I'm trying to make it where each round we can place a small wager. More for fun but why not make some gas money? I read about sniper golf. What are some others?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:48 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Longrange shooting games?

Put a time limit on each based upon distance...When you are pushed to make a quick shot it exposes your weaknesses.

SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...t-by-sam-hall/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsyjQr0Yrc

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no.........they're awake!""
Old 02-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

clay shooting, put the clays at 100 yd intervals in rows and asign each shooter a line then on the go signal they start at 100yds and when that one is broke they move on ( should be easy to 300yds ) the first to finish wins if it's a draw count their brass ,lowest shots wins?

try putting the rounds 20 yds behind the firing point and making the shooters fetch one at a time that will see how they work under pressure and if there out of shape?

how about the courage shot ? put ballons at 100 to 600 yds and then you all pick a range you think you can get a first round hit and see whos most confident in there ability and kit , you only get one shot at each range and if you miss your out? you can either play safe and start at 100 or get a head start by starting further out but remember , first miss and your out!

I did a skill at arms day once for my rifle club which on top of various rifle shooting included knife throwing / spear throwing / dummy hand grenade throwing / archery / we even had a smle grenade cup launcher with nylon dummy grenades and blank rounds , it was great fun !

the only limit is your imagination!

try standing next to another rifle shooter with a clay/ballon each down range at a range to suit your selfs on the word go you drop behind your rifle and load and fire till you pop/break the target, whoever is first wins/survives we call this duelling it's a lot more fun than actually shooting each other!!!! and the winner moves on to the next challenger eventually leaving you with the last man standing.

have fun and above all be safe,

Russ
Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Bronze Member

The NRA was selling full size deer and coyote targets for about $3 each and I think that was shipped. Got a few myself.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesthunter View Post
I have a private range that I can shoot to little more than 600 yards. By private I mean farm fields . I'm going to have a couple small get togethers this year, and was wondering what are some shooting games we could do. The range will be from 100-600 with some rimfire shoots in there. I'm trying to make it where each round we can place a small wager. More for fun but why not make some gas money? I read about sniper golf. What are some others?
Place targets a varying ranges and decide a shooting order. The first shooter picks the first a target and puts one dollar in the pot. If that shooter scores a hit he gets his money back and each of the other shooters must shoot the same target. everyone who misses the designated target pays the first shooter one dollar. If the first shooter misses, his money stays in the pot and the next shooter in line can pick the next target. If the next shooter scores a hit he gets his money back and the money of the first shooter. the remaining shooter must shoot his target and pay him one dollar if they miss. this process continues as long as the shooters want to play.

or
Place multiple targets a varying unknown ranges. Each target has a "par" and a mandatory shooting position. (ie par 2 prone) The more steady the shooting position the lower the par. Each shooter cannot advance to the next target until they score a hit on the current target. Score is kept exactly as you would if you were playing golf. Each shooter puts up an aggreed upon amount and the lowest score wins the pot.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 02-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member

+1 with Ernie. Don't forget to claim all winnings by April 15th.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=rdsii64;367329]Place targets a varying ranges and decide a shooting order. The first shooter picks the first a target and puts one dollar in the pot. If that shooter scores a hit he gets his money back and each of the other shooters must shoot the same target. everyone who misses the designated target pays the first shooter one dollar. If the first shooter misses, his money stays in the pot and the next shooter in line can pick the next target. If the next shooter scores a hit he gets his money back and the money of the first shooter. the remaining shooter must shoot his target and pay him one dollar if they miss. this process continues as long as the shooters want to play.

Kind of like playin horse in basketball