Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range topic on Accurate Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2002, 06:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range topic on Accurate Reloading

You guys crack me up. LMAO [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My longest shot is on a mulie at 463 yards (Laser) with a 308 win, it was great! I told my brother-in-laws I was going for the shot, they kept telling me there wasn't anyway I could make the shot. I looked at my data card, adjusted my scope, looked for signs of wind, there was a 2 mile per hour wind. I compensated holding two inches right. I fired and my brother-in-laws jaws dropped, "what the *&ck"! It was a perfect shot, the deer ran 15 yards and dropped. Afterwards they were drooling over my data card and asking how I did it. The funny thing is they are a lot older than me and have hunted a lot more than I have. Oct. of last year was my second year hunting ever! I am 22 years old from a non-hunting family, and I have always wanted to learn to hunt.

I love hunting, and hate it when someone who couldn't hit a milkjug at 100 yards bash on expert marksmen. What my brother-in-laws didn't know is that for previous two months prior to hunting season I had been practices at least twice every week shooting out to 400 yards (max distance my range has). I now have a 1000 range available to me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Watchout Mulies.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:28 PM
PUBLISHER

Dave

I'm just getting caught up on my forum reading and saw the AccurateReloading thread on LRH. I posted a response there.

web page

Pretty mild thread compared to most over the few past years. Maybe the education process is working!

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member

Len

Yes, this started out pretty vocal but stopped real soon.

I DO believe folks are getting educated about the processes, equipment and skill.

It's pretty refreshing to see the apparent change over the last couple of years.