Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Long Range Shooting

All,

Taking a survey to see what the interest would be if a range were to be developed in the NE corner of Washington State. It would provide high and low angle ranges, known and UKD ranges for rifle out to 1000+ and also other shooting venues for pistol, rifle and the like.

If interest is there it will serve as a place to practice and shoot some interesting matchs in the future. No scheduling conflicts either as it will be a private range.

Take your time and let me know. Or if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Sponsor

If it was located and layed out correctly I might be interested in holding classes there.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 PM

Shawn,

All ideas are welcome. There are a couple of ideas in mind but please forward me any that you have and if they are not already incoprated into the greater scheme of things we can certainly take a hard look at them.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Silver Member

If you held competitions there simular to the Idaho State Sniper Challenge, I'd definately make my way out there. I'm on the other side of the State, so I'd not be able to shoot there regularly, although I'd love to. It's a great Idea, I hope it works out very well for you.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Platinum Member

The NRA will design your range for free. Just go to their website. Good luck on that.

NRA Life Member
Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Gold Member

With limited scheduling of events I would be interested. The range I use now is constantly holding le and pistol events.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:32 AM

Sniper comps, long range shooting comps, as well as other comps will be held and will be more than challenging to say the least. Individuals that are involved with this endeavor have more than 20 years experience in the long range shooting, hunting, sniping and other tactical and non-tactical shooting disciplines. Many of these individuals are still involved with tactical deployments to combat theaters of operations as operators, instruct SOF and LE units, conduct R&D for the firearms industry, fonder of the USMC Scout Sniper Association and have been former members of elite units themselves. This leads to a think tank (if you will) of vetted experts that will bring a shooting venue to the NW that is not currently available.

Designs for the ranges are already in place and have been designed by those mentioned above. Some designs come straight out of the NRA source book while our “hot” ranges are designed based on operational experience to set the tone for realism in training.

This adds up to a tremendous opportunity for like minded people to shoot and gain experience from the aforementioned people while enjoying what they do and striving to become better.

With that said, everything is in the planning stages as mentioned earlier. Your continued comments, questions and or thoughts are highly encouraged.

Thank you.