Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range Rendevoux-----PHOTOS ADDED---SEE POST#72 for details

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Gold Member

Long Range Rendevoux-----PHOTOS ADDED---SEE POST#72 for details

Howdy all.
Well, I have been contemplating this for awhile and I'd like to hear your thoughts and input.
I live on a ranch in central Idaho--near Carey. It is basically an alflafa farm at the moment but at one time, the owner had used it for a boys ranch and it has been vacant for some time.
The ranch has a very very nice dorm setting that could house, oh, about 30 or so with no issues and it has a commercial grade kitchen, walk in freezer, community room, etc. It has several large rooms as well as 10 or so bunkrooms.
What would you be willing to pay for a long weekend at the ranch, shoot as much as you want, as long as you want---basically it would be a "rendevous" of long range hunters/shooters with like interests, etc., maybe a swap meet (bring all the stuff you never use) and maybe a vendor or two. It is not really set up for a range but it borders BLM land and I shoot all the time on stuff that I have set up and I'm not kidding---you can shoot as far as you can see. The "entry" fee would basically be for using the property, the dorm and maybe a couple of community dinners.
So, in a nutshell, a shooting weekend with your buddies. What more could you possible with for??? Thoughts?

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range Rendevous----thoughts?

I need a good road trip. If the dates work out I would be interested.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

I like the idea, could be a great way to expand both this site & our sport. Not to mention, it's great way for a young punk like me to learn from the guys like LTLR...
Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I'm in, tell me when, how much, and where to send the money..!

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Bronze Member

Get this set up FOR AFTER GREENUP!!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member

Randy

I'm in!

Will have to coordinate with Broz (Jeff) or learn when the MT shoots are scheduled.

I'd suggest some sort of organized chaos.

Also Fairfield ain't that far away and there are woofs rumored to be in that neck of the woods.

I'd be willing to assist w/organization.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Gold Member

Be careful for what ya wish for Roy---I may take you up on that.
Seems like there would be alot of interest already.
It would be a hoot and it really is a great place. I'll see if i can take some photos the next day or two. I'm kind of leaning towards the first couple of weeks of June.
There would be numerous "contests" throughout the weekend and I just think it would be great to get a bunch of guys together and SHOOT!

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen