Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range practice pays off!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range practice pays off!

Shawn,
I did my research here. My shooting in the field. And when my results didn't match my expectations I found out why. I still need a lot of work but I can see the improvement. Wind is the biggest problem I face. I spend most of my time hunting in and around canyons. As of right now if the wind is strong or appears to be multidirectional, I won't shoot at big game.

I did develop my drop chart shooting on paper but now I shoot lots of rocks! It's all public land and I don't want to crate Iron or set and remove targets. So usually it's a small rock on yonder mountain that gets the nod. It needs to be fairly small and the bullet needs to be real close to POA or I'm not happy. After all who can't hit a VW sized rock?

Hope that answered your questions.

Here's another pic. I shot from the far hillside above the large rock in the upper left foreground.