Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range P.A. Hoggin!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Silver Member

Long Range P.A. Hoggin!

Went out with some guys I went to school with, one of them just happens to be Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles, And another JUDD from this site as well. I had a Blast! These guys are very skilled marksman and great guys!
We only killed one Hog, but they killed a bunch of rocks! I never would have believed the stuff these guys can do with a gun, if I wouldn't have seen it for myself!
Shane and Kevin were shooting rocks and dirt clumps the size of soft balls at 1013 +/- with scary regularity. And Shane made a awesome 467yd head shot on a standing hog, with his Yellow Russo stocked M.C.R 6m.m.-284. We Chrono'ed my .260 as soon as we got there so Kevin could get me some Come-ups on his PDA and before I knew it I was on deck looking at a 685yd shot, would have been my furthest yet but wind,nerves or elevation got me! I missed by a couple inches,
Would have made a great 100th round out of the gun but maybe next time! Like next Thursday!!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range P.A. Hoggin!

Oh the rollin hills of Pennsylvania... brings back lots of memories...

When you get good at making head shots on hogs, then come out west and make some head shots on dogs
Old 06-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Sounds like you guys had a good time.... as usual

500 yard head shots and near misses at 685 yards is something to behold.

I think I see the Corian monster in one of the pictures...

Keep up the good work boys, and report back after next weeks events..
Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Silver Member

Nice shooting!Looks like you guy's better get all the fun in you can before the corn gets too tall!

Last edited by KQguy; 06-12-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Russo View Post
and report back after next weeks events..
JUDD, Are we on for next week?

Lookin forward to seeing some different equipment, and talkin to you guys.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

What county in PA you shootin? We shoot in Centre county. We would like to get up to Potter for a day.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:59 PM
SPONSOR

We're in Columbia county at a dairy farm for this hunt but we also hunt in Montour county. We do some deer and bear hunting more your way in Lycoming, Potter, Clinton, Cameron and Elk county.

www.mcrifles.com