Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

Long Range in New Jersey???

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vegas
Posts: 310
Long Range in New Jersey???

Hey guys,

Moving to New Jersey soon for work, and wanted to know if there are any long range minded shooting ranges, clubs or groups, etc. there or in the area (office is in East Hanover). I know that I won't be able to hunt with my longrange rig in Jersey, but I want to still be able to shoot and practice for out of state hunts that I plan on doing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 441
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coues Sniper View Post
Hey guys,

Moving to New Jersey soon for work, and wanted to know if there are any long range minded shooting ranges, clubs or groups, etc. there or in the area (office is in East Hanover). I know that I won't be able to hunt with my longrange rig in Jersey, but I want to still be able to shoot and practice for out of state hunts that I plan on doing. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
I would go west to Pa. shouldn't be that far and plenty of places to shoot
__________________
"Fast is fine accurate is final"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vegas
Posts: 310
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
I would go west to Pa. shouldn't be that far and plenty of places to shoot
I will if I have to, just hoping there is somewhere close and in state. Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vegas
Posts: 310
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Anyone else have any info/ideas??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pocahontas, AR
Posts: 892
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Can you shoot long in Jersey without shooting into another State?
__________________
You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vegas
Posts: 310
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomosendero View Post
Can you shoot long in Jersey without shooting into another State?
Hahaha, maybe not but I'll take whatever I can get. It's not looking promising though. Closest 1k range is 3 1/2 hours in PA so far.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
Re: Long Range in New Jersey???

Mifflin Co Pa sportsmens club which is near Lewistown Pa has an 1100 range and great shooting facilities. It's all four lane on I-80 from NJ to the club for the most part. They also have all kinds of shooting matches you can participate in.

http://mifflincosportsmens.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 30.06%
49 Votes
NO - 54.60%
89 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 15.34%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 163
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC