Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range Hunting-Video (Shawn Carlock, Defensive Edge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
SPONSOR

Shawn, I watched your video yesterday and enjoyed it. I understood pretty much all the information and there were a few new things to consider that I enjoyed learning. However, after doing some long range shooting over the last few years, and also watching your video it just confirmed that it's not for me. Well at least not right now. I love making long shots as much as anyone, but between the expense and the ton of gear a guy has to haul around I'd just rather hunt another way. I prefer carrying as little as possible, going hard, and accessing areas as far from the road as my legs will carry me. All that long range stuff is not very conducive to that. Well at least not for me it isn't. I don't have a single thing against those that enjoy using all that gear and making some of those incredible long shots. In fact I admire it, but I think I'll stick with 600 yards and under for now.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Sponsor

Glad you liked the video. The equipment burden is for me the only real down side to serious long range hunting. I pack the gear, but it does cut down the distance I am willing to hump it around. The great thing about long range hunting is you can pick just how far you want to go with the technology/equipment burden.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

Shawn, I also just watched the video, it arrived in just a few days as well. Excellent explanation of long range shooting and the equipment needed. I can't wait to attended your long range schools. just got to find a good deal on air fair. great job!! the only video out there that tells it like it is. waiting on vol #2
Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Sponsor

Jeff,

Glad you liked it. "Greatest Hits" will be more of a hunting / field shooting video and should be done late in 08, maybe even in time for christmas. We'll see.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Shawn,

Ditto what everyone else has been saying regarding this video. Your prompt service and the excellent teaching has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated. I was pleasently surprised at the level of interest my son has shown in it.

One question regarding Exbal and pocket pc's. I did purchase both versions (PC & Pocket) of the software based upon your video.

My question is regarding a pocket PC. What should I be looking at in terms of pocket pc memory? I am looking for recomendations regarding which unit to purchase. Looks like all new units are running windows mobile version 6.0.

Good work on the video.
Don

Snohomish Co. Washington
NRA Life Member
Old 03-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Sponsor

Don,

The program takes almost nothing as far as memeory or horsepower, I have not come across a pocket PC, new or old that would not run it. Glad you liked the video.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Silver Member

Shawn, Enjoyed the video and look forward to the sequel. Keep up the good work.