Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range Hunting-Video (Shawn Carlock, Defensive Edge)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 PM

Ordered the video two days ago and it's here already, now that's great customer service!! A ton of great information here and very well presented. A great video for beginners and novices alike that are trying to take a firmer grasp on long range shooting concepts. I wish every penny I spent went towards this kind of value. Thanks Shawn!! (However you do realize that this video is only going to make everyone that has a rifle ordered from you twice as anxious.......I can hardly wait, but I'll be more likely to make that first round shot because of it.)
Old 03-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Sponsor

Glad you enjoyed it. It was a lot more work than I thought to film ,edit, and produce, but it was an interesting learning experince. I am planning a "greatest hits" video for release in late 08 early 09. It will consist of 8-10 hunts and an like number of field practice shots to include how we set up for them. Remember I want copies of your trophy photos.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

Shawn,

People don't realize how much time, effort, expense and equipment it takes to just get the footage. Then to edit, voice over, etc. is a whole 'nother process. Very demanding.

All of this is on the cuff with the hope of it being a financial success.

The video is good. I got mine yesterday, one day in transit, the time went so fast. It seemed like a 15 minute experience.

I watched it on the 24" TV. Tonight I'll put it on the 8' screen w/projection system and pick it apart. On the tv monitor I could see only the upper right shot on the box test.

I rate the video as 5 stars and a standard to be measured against.

thanks for the time and effort and information.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
PUBLISHER

I have been too busy with our first newsletter to view it...but today I will get it done.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Sponsor

Roy,

Thanks for the comments. To be truthful I wasn't worried about it being a finicial success as long as it would at least break even, my only real concern was that it helped the end users and came across well enough that everyone / anyone with some or no experience could follow it and the seasoned shooter would still learn a couple of things.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

I ordered the CD two days ago, and received and viewed it today.

It comprehensively covers subjects like: equipment, MOA concept and its application to scope adjustment and reticles, use of Exbal and its programs and print-outs, pressure and wind guages, wind doping, shooting up/down and using cosine indicator, and footage of actual long range shooting.

It is a wealth of well presented, referenced instruction that will be reviewed over and over for all the information nuggets it contains.

I highly recommend it.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Shawn,
First, thanks for the quick turn around. I'm certain the video was in the mail the day it was ordered. I enjoyed the video, and will watch it a few times. I'll also be recomending it to friends. Nice job.

In the way of a review, this is a very informative video. There is a wealth of information for those new to the sport. The video also contains tips the experienced marksman can appreciate. The hunting and practice shooting footage will certainly be appreciated by all. Truly, some fine marksmanship.

I've also got a question or two.
What kind of camera are you filming the hunting and shooting with? Are you happy with it?
I also wondered what your experience has been with velocity changes due to temperature changes. How do you test, record, and compensate for these changes? When you enter temp into exbal, does it assume / assign some velocity change?

Again, thanks for the video. Nice job!