Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long range Hunting Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Long range Hunting Scopes

Check out the sample list at swfa.com. I picked up a 4.5x14x44 zeiss conquest for $650. I picked a model up in "b" condition and it looked brand new to me. I was pretty nervous about buying used glass off line but I went ahead and did and I couldn't have been happier. Personally I would buy a conquest, you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
This is a job for a good binocular and or spotting scope, not a rifle scope. Don't want to irritate anyone and I'm not making accusations or anything but I've had a rifle pointed at me more than once by someone using the scope for a bino.

Bob
no accusations taken.......what I am saying is that I use binoculars to find the deer then I will need a good scope of eqaul power to see it as well as in the binoculars....
Old 10-24-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiedenh View Post
Check out the sample list at swfa.com. I picked up a 4.5x14x44 zeiss conquest for $650. I picked a model up in "b" condition and it looked brand new to me. I was pretty nervous about buying used glass off line but I went ahead and did and I couldn't have been happier. Personally I would buy a conquest, you won't be disappointed.
thanks...that is a great buy......there is one for sale for 679.00 brand new is 800......probably going to get it.....
Old 10-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

You won't be disappointed.

You'll enjoy this thread.

Longest Bobcat ever... .

The conquest will definitely get the job done for you, as long as you and the rifle do your part.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
This is a job for a good binocular and or spotting scope, not a rifle scope.

Bob
I would agree with this 100% for another reason.

Having hunted over a marsh and several corn fields, both picked and standing, I have found it to be exceedingly difficult to distinguish size and number of points through a rifle scope at 500 yds. These types of backgrounds just don't offer enough contrast even at 20 or 22 power to get a positive ID except in the very best of conditions.

There have been numerous times I've wished for a good spotting scope while watching deer at distance.

Chris

Last edited by winmagman; 10-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmagman View Post
I would agree with this 100% for another reason.

Having hunted over a marsh and several corn fields, both picked and standing, I have found it to be exceedingly dificult to distinguish size and number of points through a rifle scope at 500 yds. These types of backgrounds just don't offer enough contrast even at 20 or 22 power to get a positive ID except in the very best of conditions.

There have been numerous times I've wished for a good spotting scope while watching deer at distance.

Chris
I just may look into getting a spotting scope....
Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

If that the path that your looking at try the bushnell
Excursion FLP spotting scope

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-fort...colorado-CO109