Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long range hunting magazine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Bronze Member

Long range hunting magazine?

Is there a good magazine or catalog for us long-range shooters and hunters.? Please let me know and thanks for the help.
H2o
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Long range hunting magazine?

It take it thats a no there is not one?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Gold Member

There isn't any that I'm aware of. It would be nice though.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 04-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

I thought that this forum was a long range shooting magazine???

There are no "paper" mags of the sort due to the smaller market niche, plus most shooters aren't progressive enough to appreciated LR hunting/shooting.....

Every aspect/consideration for shooting to 1 mile I've found here.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member

The Varmint Hunter. Put out by VHA, 4 times per year. Doesn't deal with large caliber/big game a whole lot, but LR nonetheless. They have 500, 1000, 1500 and maybe even 2000 yd clubs now. The mag is around 200 pages and alot of color illustrations.

The Varmint Hunter Magazine | The Varmint Hunter | Varmint Hunters Magazine

Peterson's Rifle Shooter is a distant 2nd place IMO.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
GNERGY

THIS IS IT You don't have to wait for the beginning of the month to read new articles. It is updated every day and you can get answeres to your questions within minutes by the best knowledgeable group of friendly guys you would ever want to meet.
When I am chillin at home I am on here, learning and reading good stories or trying to answer questions to help other members out just like they helped me. Even the Gunsmith's on this site will answer your questions so you can resolve any problem you have yourself before they try to sell you their services. Top notch Gunsmith's on this site also, I have used one myself. Welcome and enjoy.
Tarey

Oh, and no subscription fees
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Bronze Member

I never cared for gun magazines, no matter what specific category they targeted. The articles are written by people who generally lack sufficient knowledge in order to accurately write about the subject they're writing about. Granted, much of what you may read in mags may be credible, but I've seen some grossly mistaken statements and claims; some of which are just unbelievabely ridiculous. An example of one such statement was about how border patrol agents in Southern California recently discovered two tunnels under the border along with a seizure of 50 tons of marijuana. The VERY NEXT SENTENCE that followed was, "That's a million pounds."
Do the math.

Last edited by Long Trang; 04-04-2011 at 11:41 PM.