Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range Hunting....Absolutely

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 08:00 PM

Long Range Hunting....Absolutely

Having flown several Iraqi Freedom combat missions in the F-16, dropping 36k lbs of laser and GPS guided bombs, firing 250 rounds of 20MM from my M61A1 Vulcan cannon, AND being an intermediate long range varmint shooter myself, I can truly appreciate this story I just found on Lilja's website. Thought you guys might enjoy the read. I hope you are as inspired and motivated as me. Keep in mind as you read that 2430 "metres" is about a mile and a half.

Canadian Snipers....Heroes

- Captain Lafe Dunn, US Air Force

Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range Hunting....Absolutely

Lafe, I just wanted to say thank you for protecting my family's freedom, and thank you soooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much for serving are country. Wildcat.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Gold Member

Lafe,
I'd also like to extend my sincere Gratitude and Thanks for defending our country. If you get a chance maybe you could post some war stories or something about flying the F-16. I know I'd love to hear all about it. Thanks and God Bless
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah quite the shot.
And our government is filled with LIEberal arseholes who would rather get rid of our military. I'm proud of our boys, i like my country and i hate my government. Nice to see they are getting some recognition! Keep fighting and stay safe!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

There are details of the story that are not included in news story on the Lilja website.

One small fact is the first round knocked a bag out of the guys hand and he could not figure out what had happened. Second round did the job. The guy on the trigger was fantastic but he had a great spotter to get him in on the second shot. The other versions of the story gets into the appreciation of the U.S. soldiers for the great support that these Canadian snipers teams gave them.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member

thank you for your service to our country.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Bronze Member

Lafe, even I can admit that the Marines need help "sometimes". I tell you there is no better sound then incoming CAS either fixed wind or rotor we have much respect for you fly-boys....ummm Sir. But the article was outstanding, death from a far....ain't life grand.