Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long Range for the Grandson...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Silver Member

Re: Long Range for the Grandson...

Very cool post. My daughter just turned 1 and I hope she enjoys the things I enjoy. She follows me around the house now, but hopefully that'll continue.

Congrats grandpa!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Great stuff man. Congrats to the shooters.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Gold Member

Well guy's, all I can tell you about your daughters is, if they learn to hunt and fish as good as you can, the boys they will date will have WAY more appreciation for them.

Once they hit about 11 all bets are off, but then around 18 or maybe 20, they get their head back on straight and things are good again. LOL Least thats the way it was around here.

As for the hunting, fishing, and shooting, well mine has been at it since she was 6, and the oldest grandson well he jumped in a bit early at 3.5 and now his next younger brother is itching really bad, but he needs a few more pounds on him to hang onto the rifle I have for him. I know lots of folks work with 22's, and we did too, but it didn't even come close to touching off that first live round in a centerfire, even if it was a reduced load.

I wish the best of luck to you all and hope yours all take to the woods like duck to water. Just don't think they are too young for this that or the other. You might have to sacrifice a bit of YOUR time for them, but in the end it will be worth it. I have had all of mine out since they were in diapers despite the neysayers telling me their too little to be out on the beach, or in the woods, or what ever. IF you bring them up in it, they don't think twice about it. Heck they even start getting twitchy if they don't get out there in it.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"

Last edited by 41mag; 05-06-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds to me like those grand kids are pretty blessed with a G-Pa that spends so much time with them......Rich