Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long range deer hunting video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2002, 04:04 PM

Long range deer hunting video

When Boyd cam over yesterday to hunt "chucks" he brought along a copy of the Long Range deer hunting video - shot in the mountains of PA. I watched it last night. I loved it.

Other then the fantastic shots I truly enjoyed all the SNICKERING by the camera man taping one of the guys gutting out a deer. Did that guy - gutting out the deer - actually puke? My daughter came into the living room wondering why I was laughing so much.

We all have to have our FIRST time gutting sometime. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2002, 09:26 PM

Re: Long range deer hunting video

Where can I get a copy of that video?
Old 07-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Gold Member

If I remember right you need to contact Boyd hee is the mastermind behind that video.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member

No Butch Keen is the mastermind....I did'nt have anything to do with it.......I am just trying to get the word out there......Contact Butch or Holly Keen at keenvisionvideo@suscom.net....And they will hook you up.....
Old 07-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member

Don'what are you doing the weekend of the 10th?Just talked to Butch today and he really want's to come up....He has a 270WSM he'd like to try...And I'd like to kill a few more myself....Id really like to see what those gun's of your's will do......Let me know....... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 01:38 PM

Boyd,

The weekend of the 10th is fine by me. I will continue to watch those unharvested oat fields and let you know when they are cut. Plus once cut, Dave and myself will walk them to see how many active holes there are. We will also check to see if there are any hay fields that will be cut close to the 10th at other farms that we have hunted in the past. As you saw yourself the beans are now to high to hunt.

As far as how our guns work, last I checked, they worked just fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

By 7pm tonight we will be in that harvested oat field "killing" chucks using my Purple rifle [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have 46 rounds all loaded and ready to go so we are all set - again.

So far it is looking good for this Saturday. I have a round table meeting/discussion with the Governor's aide this Weds (updated from Thursday) and I have a meeting in Cleveland on Thursday, updated from Friday. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row so we can leave early Sat morning to drive over.

Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Don,August 10th it is......Don't shoot them all before we get there.....Get your gun ready for this weekend.Is Dave gonna shoot?..You guy's will get a chance to meet Darryl.....I know you will post it any way....But do you have 100 yet....Have a good one.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]........P.S. Don't you mean (chuck's in a row)????????
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ 07-29-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]