Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Long range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Long range

I say again BY DEFINITION LONG RANGE HUNTING IS STILL HUNTING. Imma have my buddy meriam webster come throw a dictionary at you.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:12 PM

I have archery hunted for 30 plus years and can understand a archery hunter starting this thread. This is only my second year getting into the LONG range hunting AND shooting. I have to admit, i have spent thousands of $ on rangefinders, guns, scopes, and reloading supplies since I started this. I'm hooked and I love it. All due respect to people who don't believe in long range shooting, TRY IT YOU WILL LIKE IT.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Bronze Member

Why is there always someone that's got to be negative? There's things in forums I don't care for but man I wouldn't put down what another enjoys so I could feel more self important. Anyone remember what Thumpers dad told him?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnyman View Post
Why is there always someone that's got to be negative? There's things in forums I don't care for but man I wouldn't put down what another enjoys so I could feel more self important. Anyone remember what Thumpers dad told him?
It was something like...

"If you cant say something nice... then get the hell off of our forum!"

Something like that?
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 05-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Bronze Member

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Gold Member

Now I'm certainly no self proclaimed "rocket scientist" like some, over the years, have professed to be, Broz will appreciate that comment , but I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the point of starting this post even is/was.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Speaking of "Trolling" how the fishing? I use a long line so it may not really be fishing.

Jeff
Indeed.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams