Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

lightwieght longrange or canyon rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Gold Member
lightwieght longrange or canyon rifle?

I am strongly thinking about getting another edge built. These guns built by defensive edge are seriously unbelievable and my wife is really getting into this. Also, my thoughts are that i have two boys. i would like to be able to hand down one of these to each of them.

with that being said, I know that i want another 338 edge reamed to the same specs as my longrange lightwieght rifle. what i am not sure about is: do i go with the canyon rifle, or get another one like mine. I love everything about mine, so my first thought is why fix it if it isnt broke?

my second thought is: i can spot my own shots most of the time, but not all the time. i know i can work on this, and continue to do so. but adding approx 3 lbs will help with that i am sure.

so my question is to those who have experience with both. Whats your thoughts? is the extra wieght worth it?