Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Leupold mark 4 counterfeit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Bronze Member

Leupold mark 4 counterfeit

At my local hardware store today I've had a mark 4 ordered for the past 6 weeks or so and they've got it in this morning I went up there for a few minutes just to look it over its a 6.5-20x50 w/mildot reticle I already have a 4.5-14x50 mark4 ... Sooo my point is it looks real but on the bell it has white on black writing instead of the black on black the scope came in the exact box as my other mark4... I just put it on layaway I haven't bought it yet have any of y'all seen a mark4 like this that wasn't a counterfeit????
Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

Re: Leupold mark 4 counterfeit

Sorry can't help you with personal experience but if I was in your boat and had any second thoughts I would get the serial number and give leupold a personal polite call to clarify things up. Nothing like getting info from the horses mouth. If it was counterfeit I would bet that leupold would be very appreciative of the info and you can then rest easy either way it unfolds.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Bronze Member

I've bought my last mark4 from the same place but there just seems to be something different about it... I'm probably gonna go back by there tomorrow and get the serial# and give leupold a shout.. When I'm dropping that kind of money I like to be positive and not have second thoughts..
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettez06 View Post
I've bought my last mark4 from the same place but there just seems to be something different about it... I'm probably gonna go back by there tomorrow and get the serial# and give leupold a shout.. When I'm dropping that kind of money I like to be positive and not have second thoughts..
If it is counterfeit it may not be your hardware stores fault - just depends on who their source/wholesaler is. Hopefully everything turns just fine - but at least you'll know before chunking down cash and finding out later.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah I'm not blaming it on the store they just had got it in from their source/wholesaler
Old 02-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Platinum Member

Here you go.

Get the Serial No. from the hardware store and call Leupold if you are still concerned.

Counterfeit Warning | Leupold Optics
Old 02-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member

Just read the Leupold link. You mentioned the white on black which Leupold says is one of the signs it is a fake. You will know quickly when there is no serial number.

If it is counterfeit I would like to hear the store's reaction.