Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Leaving for Montana in Two Weeks- Can't Wait

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Bronze Member

Leaving for Montana in Two Weeks- Can\'t Wait

I'll be leaving in 2 weeks to hunt muleys for the fifth time with Hidden Valley Outfitters. I first met Len when he called me checking references on them. He went out the following year and made an awesome shot the first day, as I remember it. Here's a picture from my 2003 hunt with HVO. The shot wasn't really "long range" (270 yds), but I wasn't going to let this bad boy get away, as he was bailing out of a canyon with his harem of does. I'll post pictures from this year's hunt when I return.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM

Re: Leaving for Montana in Two Weeks- Can\'t Wait

Good luck Bud

And bring one of those beasts back to michigan. Lucky Dog!!

Joe
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
SPONSOR

As always I wish you the best of luck. Oh and by the way, I killed an antelope doe at the foot of Blue Mountain just last Wednesday. Part of Blue Mountain is on the very north end of Hidden Valley's property. It's also the highest hill out there. If I play my cards right I hope to be hunting mule deer on Blue Mountain in a few weeks once the rut starts. Just so's you know's, the antler growth this year is the absolute best it's been in the 12 years I've lived here. We had a mild winter, followed by a perfect spring and summer. The antler growth is as good as it gets! Hold out for another big'un.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

Bud I'll be lookin' for pics in 3 weeks. Good luck
Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Bronze Member

Big Sky: I take it you must know Tracey Weyer and his family. I'm excited to hear that the racks this year are looking good. If you live in the Wibaux area, maybe we could meet for a beer at one of the cowboy bars in scenic downtown Wibaux.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
SPONSOR

Bud, I have not met Tracy or his family. The north end of his lease is about as far south as I hunt off that Lost Hwy you drive in on. I live in Sidney. Tracy's lease is about half way between Sidney and Wibaux. When I killed that doe antelope I was hunting on the Gartner/Denoh Ranch which owns most of Blue Mountain and the next several miles to the north of Blue Mountain. Pretty tough to get access down that way and the ranch I mentioned is no exception. The area you are hunting is very good as you know. You should see a keep buck or two.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Bronze Member

Well, I just got back from Montana. Other than a rainout on day 3, saw at least 5 or 6 4X4's every day. Shot this buck on day 4. He was the biggest of SEVEN bucks chasing one hot doe. It was a cross canyon shot of a little less than 300 yards.