Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

leadsled help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Gold Member

Re: leadsled help please

I was told the sled would aid in keeping consistent groups for determining which rounds work best...I don't get how it can cause a flyer...I do get it will shoot differently than from my shoulder but as far as just which bullets shoot best...it should work or at least I'd think so
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

I agree with what FEENIX has said. Every gun is different and they usually like different things.

For example, my Rem 700 30-06 LOVES Nosler Balllistic tips with a max load of Win 760. My dad'd gun, which is also a Rem 700 in 30-06, does not like them nearly as much as mine does.

I think it is just a matter of your gun not liking that ammo. Keep trying different things until you get the results that you want, and as FEENIX said, keep developing your shooting skills as you go

Best of luck to you. I hope you find something.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Gold Member

Oh for sure!! I use my sled for development too. But when it comes to the fine tuning on a load, I use the " as realistic as possible" technique with the bipod. It does make a difference at least I have found.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Gold Member

so if a particular round isn't shooting well out of the leadsled then most likely it's because my rifle doesn't like the ammo and not the leadsled making the rifle jump or something weird like that?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Gold Member

It has to do way more with the rifle not liking the ammo vs. the leadsled tweaking your rifle. When you get your rifle shooting good on the sled, then put your bipod on and dial it in!! Listen to FEENIX, he knows what he is talking about!!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Silver Member

Best thing I did was leave the sled in the garage, after it shook the guts out of my scope.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
Best thing I did was leave the sled in the garage, after it shook the guts out of my scope.
it really damaged your scope?!?! how can they sell things that damage scopes?some people.on here actually said the leadsled was great....now I feel like I wasted 200bucks...this is a leadsled dft by the way...