Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Lazz toting bighorn busting buddy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: Lazz toting bighorn busting buddy

Jim,
Thanks for sharing Scott's story. It seems like when we worry about the long shots, they walk within 200 yards. I bet he is thrilled. Send my congrats to Scott.
Brandon
Old 01-22-2006, 01:07 PM

Dandy of a Ram, nice going.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

[image]http://[/image] Thanks guys , all of you . I plan on directing Scott to this site so he can read yalls congrats in person. The area they hunted in took twelve hours by mule to get to . After he killed his ram they took the horns and cape and what meat they could carry out at night ( had to w alk a spell back to the mules ) and then came back the next day for the res t to discover that a lion had visited and ate during the night . The fall the ram took broke about 2" off of one side and an inch or so off the other at the tips . Scott is a tough fella but he said he had never experienced such a demanding hunt physically.

Jim B.

p.s. Roy , I just want you to know that you were beat out by a man that just had carpal tunnel surgery in one hand and probably wasn't getting much use out of the other , what do you type with ? chopsticks ? [image]http://[/image]
Old 01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

OK, I'm whipped [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Buffalobob, wouldja call 'em off, huh [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jimm: how far over to the nearest power tower?. I think the ol' winny could make the shot [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Purty country.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
SPONSOR

Nice looking ram but even better looking scenary!!!! Makes me juealous every time I see mountains like that.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Gold Member

Jim, thanks for sharing Scott's ram. Nice ram, and even nicer country!
What load did you decide on just out of curiosity?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Silver Member

Tell Scott ongradulations on the harvest. Also, congradulations on being soooo lucky to get one of 13 Bighorn tags in the state, and the only one in that unit.
Do you have any specifics on what area he was hunting?
Just curious because I will be just a few miles south of there in 2 weekends hunting Javelina. Might have to take a drive up to the mountains near Alma, NM. Maybe some day someone I know will draw for a sheep hunt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]