Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Late Oct Scottish Trip....a few pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Gold Member

Late Oct Scottish Trip....a few pics

A few belated pics from my Scottish trip last month (as always, apologies for my www-shy face blanking, cheesy grin showing where appropriate!).

Weather throughout was generally overcast with strong winds and light drizzle....standard Scottish weather really [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Me with the only stag; 360m/392yds from the hill behind.

Changing to hinds,the firing point for the culmination of a later excellent stalk on hinds through steep broken terrain...with a burst of glorious sunshine to round off the day:

My 2 stalking companions at a firing point from which 2 hinds were taken; [it should be obvious that I have a wide playing field when it comes to hat insults [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ]. Iíve shown my pal's rifle before...but, for the record, itís an RPA quadlite repeater on a Robertson thumbhole stock:

and finally, a rather impressive semi-tame (but wild, despite the fence in the pic) stag back near habitation:

Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Late Oct Scottish Trip....a few pics

Beautiful country!! Thanks for the pics.

For the life of me I can't figure out how you guys could see a thing w/that black sheet infront of your faces though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

Matt,

Congratulations on the hunt. The countryside looks awesome; nice stag also. Would you recommend a similar Scottish hunt for those of us on this side of the pond? I assume from the pictures it would be similar to our mule deer hunting in the Badlands or Missouri Breaks areas of the U.S. Thanks for sharing the photos, I would love to hear more details about hunting Red Deer in the Highlands as your time allows.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Silver Member

hi Brown Dog
it looks like the weather held out for you.
congrats on the stag.

how far up did you go??? i can not think of anywhere i would sooner be than out in the sticks.

thanks
colin
Old 11-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Bronze Member

Good pics looks like you had a good time mate.
Looking forward to another one of my Hind bashing sessions. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would recommend the Scottish Highlands to anyone who wishes to Stalk Red Deer...Awesome scenery. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Gold Member

Matt, nice pics and nice area.

What about the details on your rifle and bullet comb.???

The area looks great.- easy rolling hills and comfortable cushioned ground for lying on top [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Congrats. on the shot.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Silver Member

I wish someone would let about a dozen of those red stags loose here in Nebraska. I wonder why we don't have those deer in the US?