Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Largest bull elk ever taken!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Largest bull elk ever taken!

That is some bull
Old 11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Regardless of all the drama surrounding ANY of these ginormous bulls I can't deny their size and based on that alone they have a pretty high cool factor.

BUT, when they are taken under these circumstances, for me, the cool factor doesn't last much longer than it takes to read the article. Again, there is no denying the mammoth size that's for sure but they just don't retain the same value.

Putting it in perspective, for me atleast, I find the value of a hunt like Shawn Carlock and his dad did this year to have greater value even though the size of the animal was considerable smaller.
Big +1, a huge bull no doubt but shot in a high fence hunt it's a novelty at best, I wonder what the guy paid to shoot that beast. Probably more than I make in a year
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member

Elkaholic, I saw your smile about taking one that big and not wanting the publicity. I know what you mean, we pass up bulls like that on occasion up here in the remote wilderness areas of Wyoming that we hunt in. We just like the huge typical ones and pass on all the trashy bulls with points going everywhere. If you see me in a picture with a bull like that next year you can just assume it was the last day and we wanted the meat.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
Elkaholic, I saw your smile about taking one that big and not wanting the publicity. I know what you mean, we pass up bulls like that on occasion up here in the remote wilderness areas of Wyoming that we hunt in. We just like the huge typical ones and pass on all the trashy bulls with points going everywhere. If you see me in a picture with a bull like that next year you can just assume it was the last day and we wanted the meat.
I like it! We NW boys are quite humble
Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Bronze Member

Yeah no sport for those guys. Ive explained to non-hunters about the ranch and high fence hunts and even they said "where's the sport in that?"
Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member

There is most probably some red deer genes in that big fella.

I'm guessing $20,000 + for the shot. Plus tip!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Gold Member

That krap was on the net last year....and I think the year before!! Taken in HIGH FENCE AREA!!

BS galore!!