Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Knights Armament Bullet Flight Software Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Knights Armament Bullet Flight Software Question

First off if you haven't seen this software and have an iphone or ipod touch you should definitely look into it. its a very, very cool and usefull app. I went for the level 2 version. click link for details: Bulletflight 3.1.0

i have a RRA ar15 with a 20" heavy barrel that i use to target shoot and varmint hunt. on the range i love shooting 69gr matchkings, varmint hunting i use anything from 40gr vmax's to 60gr vmax's.

my question is, is there anyway to sight my gun in with one bullet, say the 69gr matchking, then have that software tell me adjustments for the other bullets,the varmint bullets, so i dont have to resight the rifle in every time i use a different bullet?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Knights Armament Bullet Flight Software Question

no... u need the "data" for each load you plan to use, i have 3 AR uppers and 4 diffrent loads saved in my BF... i also use "ballistics FTE", i like it a bit better

http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/