Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

the joy of hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM

the joy of hunting

I was just thinking of elk hunting and how i turned down a small bull opening week end and ended up not geting my elk this year .Well it tought me somthing i had the time to watch a bull at 35 yards for 30 min and enjoy the time. not maney peopel get the chance .and also the thout that eaney elk taken is a prize to treashur.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: the joy of hunting

I here ya brother. I have had many hunting trips where it was just relaxing or really fun due to company while groundhog hunting or small game hunting. One day I had taken my boy with me. I was set up in the field with my rifle, and he was chasing butterflies with his Red Rider BB gun and trying to shoot grasshopper's. It was awesome. Then there are the many trips to the fields with my cousin just solving the worlds problems one topic at a time. We do some shooting, but groundhog hunting around here gives you plenty of time to contemplate life's issues!
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

I had more time than money. I passed about 18 bulls in the last 3 seasons. Then this year a friend[or enemy ] told me of a booner.Put the season in on him.Probably saw one of his sons,320-330, I wanted to see other side of his rack,second time I eyed the right. Had 2 shot opertunities,waited one second too long.Track soup.Passed a 5x5 bull 10 minutes later.Ate my tag,hope he is bigger next year, and survived the wolfs.That is the price of trophy hunting,which now is in a down market
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 PM

ya i have some very nice horns on the wall .but thay arnt very good to eat lol. also if we dont get more of the wolves killed we wont have eany elk left. thay are also killing the black bears off as well.