Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

John Burns-Best of the West- equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2004, 04:19 PM

Re: John Burns-Best of the West- equipment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Out to 600 yds there is not much difference <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I love that statement....Just how much is not much.Lets say a 308 shooting 175's at 2600fps.How much is too much????Not everybody shoots a lazer John..

[ 11-18-2004: Message edited by: The Long 1 ]
Old 11-18-2004, 06:44 PM
PUBLISHER

Long 1

I'm just curious as to what is your goal in this discussion?

The makers of a custom TTC knob designed for one specific set of conditions don't suggest it works for all conditions nor does John Burns say that.

The original poster's example range was 450 yards. John's response to you indicated that at the original poster's mentioned range (450 yards) that the TTC knob would work under a fairly wide set of conditions...including those in your example.

Again, no one is suggesting it works at all ranges or under all conditions so just what is your motivation here? You seem pretty argumentative [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 11-18-2004, 07:08 PM

I can very easily see both sides of this....

John does shoot a lazer type rifle... but at 1000 yards you can be 2 MOA lower if you were to shoot at 500 ft ASL in 70* and 80% humidity. that could be a miss or a wounded animal....

Same holds true with a 308 shooting a 175 at 2650... (actually 2.25 moa...)

2MOA is 2MOA those BDC knobs are good if you hunt in one place an one place only.. if you shoot in various locations and conditions... it is way better to have a log book and a chart...
Old 11-18-2004, 07:17 PM
PUBLISHER

Ric, yes, of course, your example is valid. But where do you and Long 1 get the idea that John or Kenton Industries promote the use of the TTC for all situations?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 11-18-2004, 07:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The makers of a custom TTC knob designed for one specific set of conditions don't suggest it works for all conditions nor does John Burns say that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mr Backus,that is my point.They will NOT work in all conditions.I have yet to see John say that in any of his posts.Most people on this forum take's what he says as gospel.I'm sorry I know better.Since he won't say that for changing conditions,you will need another knob calibrated for those conditions I will...I hate it when people are'nt told the whole story <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The original poster's example range was 450 yards. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I too used that as a base line.But when I ask him what happens at longer ranges this was his reply.Instead of just telling the truth <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I know exactly what happens at extended ranges and have it documented on video.

You choose to post an example that showed you donít know what really happens in the real world and were called on it. Now you want to change the example to try and prove your point instead of admitting you were wrong. Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>All he had to do was say,Long 1 you are right,the tcc knob made for one set of conditions WILL NOT WORK correctly when the conditions change and yardage increases.I just want to see it "Told like it is"
Old 11-18-2004, 07:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> But where do you and Long 1 get the idea that John or Kenton Industries promote the use of the TTC for all situations? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I will pretty much bet my right leg to the fact that John does'nt own a LR Big game rifle that does'nt have one on it..
Old 11-18-2004, 07:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>or Kenton Industries promote the use of the TTC for all situations? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Len,you are missing the point.They can be used in all situations.You just need different knob's for the different conditions...And if John would just say that then people would know the whole truth.Insead of just half of it...If I shot in the same conditions all the time I would probably use one.But I don't.99 pecent of the hunters don't either.Thats all I am gonna say on this matter.God(John) has spoken so it must be true
The thread is closed