Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

John Burns-Best of the West- equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Re: John Burns-Best of the West- equipment

www.kentonindustries.com

Old 11-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Jesse Jaymes:
You can find some more info on the equipment John uses here: http://www.thebestofthewest.net/html/TheEquipment.html
There are links to more info on the site also.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:31 AM

John Burns-Best of the West- equipment

I've been monitoring this forum for a bit, and see that John Burns, I assume from the Best of the West show, has posted here before. I did purchase the Beyond Belief DVD and do recall hearing that a second, more instructional type DVD is forthcoming.

I am too impatient and am inquiring as to what type of set ups he or the crew use?

Specifically the scope turrets.

Seems quite simple to just crank up to 450 and be done with it rather than checking charts and counting clicks. Can someone tell me who makes them and how to contact the company ???

Of course, also intersted in calibers and specs of rifles as well, but the turrets looked to be the most handy items I've seen.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Seems quite simple to just crank up to 450 and be done with it rather than checking charts and counting clicks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What happens when you change alt,or temp changes.Or Bar Pressure...It changes the flight path of the bullet.How do you get around that....This knob is set for 8000 feet above sea level at 20 degrees with 50 pecent humidity.Well now, I'm at 2000 feet the air temp is 45 and humidity is 70 pecent.I'm sorry but your "JUST SPIN IT TO 450"won't work any more.Sorry but I'll just stick to my click charts.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:47 PM

WOW It never fails which forum you visit, once someone looks at your total posts, it's on.

I'll not even elaborate what my point was, you just go on and keep looking at your charts, and doing what you're doing. I am sure you're the greatest. Adios

[ 11-15-2004: Message edited by: Jesse Jaymes ]

[ 11-15-2004: Message edited by: Jesse Jaymes ]
Old 11-15-2004, 07:26 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>WOW It never fails which forum you visit, once someone looks at your total posts, it's on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I never even looked at your post total <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I'll not even elaborate what my point was, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your point was that you think that the calabrated knob is a simple way of running from one yardage to another. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>you just go on and keep looking at your charts, and doing what you're doing. I am sure you're the greatest. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I will..Never said I was the greatest.But I've been doing this a long time.That spin it to 450 knob won't work in all conditions.And I gave you the reason.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Bronze Member

Jesse Jaymes

Thanks for the interest in our show. These guys have given you the right place to get the Bullet drop compensator made.

The Long 1

On my rifle I shoot a 7mm 150 XBT @ 3450 fps. The G7 BC for that bullet is 0.245.

Lets use your first set of conditions (8000 ft, 20 deg temp, 50% humidity) and determine we will need to adjust the scope up 3.89 MOA from a 200 yds zero to our 450 yd zero.

In making a BDC we would put the 450 yd hash mark at 4 minutes.

When we run the numbers for your second set of conditions (2000 ft, 45 degs, 70% humidity) we get 4.10 MOA up to zero at 450 from our 200 yd zero.

I am failing to see any significant difference??

Both conditions require an adjustment of the scope of 4 MOA.

“JUST SPIN IT TO 450” will work very well.