Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

John Burns!!!! Best of the west, DVD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Silver Member

John Burns!!!! Best of the west, DVD

John I was searching through some of the old posts hear and seen some guys were giving you [censored] about your video... just wanted to let you know VERY! good video, well put together, not to much talking, just alot of good hunting scenes, I'm looking forward to your 3 DVD set. I know John may not come hear often and this post may fall on deaf ears ...but I just wanted to give the video a thumbs up! I'm sure there is room for improvement , but for the $$$ it was a great DVD.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: John Burns!!!! Best of the west, DVD

I also enjoyed it, it is for enjoyment, not learning to shoot long range. John takes a responsible approach and has some good things to say.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the input guys.

The person who took the cheapshot has chosen not to explain what I did that seemed to bother him so much. I suspect there is a little ego problem. I also would not say he has much experience at shooting in the real world.

His was the first and only negative response (about the content of Beyond Belief) from some one who actually viewed the video that I know of so I am happy about how well it has been accepted.

Cabelaís called last week and I think we will be able to get it in their catalogs and Sportsmanís Warehouse has sold a pile also.

Lots of interest in the precision shooting as guys are figuring out they donít have to settle for mediocre results and the old limits donít really apply if you are willing to put in the time and get the right tools.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

John,

Can I pre-order your next DVD's so that I am sure to get them ASAP? Great work illuminating the terminal effects of outstanding marksmanship.

Charles
Old 04-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of interest in the precision shooting as guys are figuring out they donít have to settle for mediocre results and the old limits donít really apply if you are willing to put in the time and get the right tool

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree whole-heartedly.

On another note, let me just say that while some of the things I have seen on your dvd and tv show raise some suspicion, it is the only program I can stand to watch on the outdoor channels. Most of the fellows who have tv shows couldn't hit the barn if they were standing inside it! And they seem to believe that the world ends at the Mississippi! I for one would rather watch a cow elk get thumped from afar any day over another &*#@*&^ turkey getting shot at 25 paces with a shotgun by some overweight hillbilly parading around like that was a tuff shot!

I always think that there are probably people flipping through the channels that have never hunted before, and they stop on some Ray Stinking Brock show, and get the idea that we're all un-educated, slobby, redneck, blood-lusters with an insatiable appetite for antlers. That would be the impression I would get by watching some of these shows if I didn't know any better.

FOr me as I am sure is for you, the trophy isn't always about the rack size. The trophy can also be the shot!

Congrats John and thank you for producing the only outdoor show I can watch!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
overweight hillbilly

[/ QUOTE ]
Goodgrouper, I agree with you in most of what you're saying, just don't get the overweight people and the hillbillies to dislike you!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:01 AM
Gold Member

GG I feel what your saying about them $@&%*$@ turkeys! I like turkeys and hunting them but I aint seen nobody shoot turkeys at 500 plus YET!! I wanna see some big guns when I watch the outdoor channel! I am anxiously awaiting guntec tv that I read about on midway!