Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

jewell trigger owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Silver Member
Re: jewell trigger owners?

I bought a Jewell this year and it too had too much creep in it. I tinkered with it for several hours and then took it to a gunsmith who tinkered with it and he was able to make the creep inconsistent, which was worse. I sent it back to Jewell and asked them to fix it because $200 is too much to pay for a trigger that doesn't do what it's supposed to. They sent it back to me about 2 weeks later with a note that said that I should get what I paid for and that I should be happy with the trigger now. It was adjusted for ~1 lb so I didn't mess with it and I'm very happy with it now.

Unread 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Platinum Member

On my Rem 700, I've had the stock trigger, a Timney, an RB and now a Jewell. I would've gone without much frustration and saved money in the long run if I'd gotten the Jewell to begin with. Easy to install. Easy to adjust. All SS construction, so less worries about corrosion. I hope you'll be happy with your decision.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia - Shelter for Your WildSide -
Unread 09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Silver Member

I have Jewell triggers on all my rifles. Would't have any other trigger. They are easy to adjust and work great.