Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Bronze Member

Re: iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

i've used this program for a few months & love it. One of the more recent updates allows you to use the JBM program, which has spin drift calculation. As already mentioned, the HUD display is awesome in the field.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Ballistic FTE and Mil-Dot app

I've got it too and love the HUD. For those of you who use mil dot, you can load a mil-dot range calculator as well for a $1.99 that can do the math for you if you don't have a range finder handy. I've got the Mil Dot app and it comes with an MOA calculator as well.

MilDotAugs
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Silver Member

TBD, FTE has the mil/moa ranging program too!
I also baught Mil Dot, then noticed I didn't need it.

On the bottom menu in FTE, there is a crosshair with the title "Distance" tap on that one.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 AM

Dang....thought I was supposed to enter range there!

Thanks for that.

UserManualAugs
Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Silver Member

I just got an iphone and ballistic fte. May i ask you guys that have used it for awhile how you have your atmosphere setup.

i have the zero set but is it more accurate with current atmosphere on, off and input your own data.

I thought it said it had mil readout for windage in hud but i dont find it. only find mil for range finding

and last do you use the LOS angle in hud. Mine seems to freeze when testing it sometimes but i think the auto angle correction would be pretty cool.

I havent been able to go out and shoot with it yet but am pretty excited to try it, any input would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

??? can you input wind, angle,temp, elev, atm, and get drops in and wind in mils? Also can it go on I pod touch??
Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebob View Post
I just got an iphone and ballistic fte. May i ask you guys that have used it for awhile how you have your atmosphere setup.

i have the zero set but is it more accurate with current atmosphere on, off and input your own data.

I thought it said it had mil readout for windage in hud but i dont find it. only find mil for range finding

and last do you use the LOS angle in hud. Mine seems to freeze when testing it sometimes but i think the auto angle correction would be pretty cool.

I havent been able to go out and shoot with it yet but am pretty excited to try it, any input would be appreciated.
You can have it look for the nearest airport for the lasest weather info, but if you have no cell service that feature doesn't do you any good. I plan on buying a Kestral from Lenny here shorlty so I can get it off of that. I can tell you it's been spot on from South LA to Casper WY. For $12.00 I think it's worth it.