Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Silver Member

iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

I put a thread up a while ago asking about ballistic programs for the iPhone and since then several have become available.
I have used iSnipe and Ballist Field Tactical Edition and just wanted to see if anyone else knew of them.
FTE is a great program, it uses JBM or it's own software, has large databases of info and I have found it to be as accurate as any other ballists program I have tried.
I am not in any way affiliated to them in fact I have also written them an email making a few suggestions that I feel would improve the programs.

Having a good ballstics program on your phone, which these days we end up taking everywhere with us is a great option, I certainly am glad I tried it!
Old 11-22-2009, 04:04 PM

Re: iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

i use fte often to compare loads i could make possible with my rifles (and dream rifles). I also use it's favorites list to save my loads that shoot well. Now that they have thr factory loads to choose from it is easy to compare manufacturers loads as well. Great program. It does work well.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Gold Member

I use the Basllistic FTE aswell, great program, and doesn't break the bank either. It's an absolute bargain compared to other ballistic software, and with every free update it becomes better. I bought it about 6months ago for just 8 dollars. Dont know what it runs now, but it's definatly cheaper than the competition. It seems to be very accurate with almost no deviation compared to other programs, and that could be input failure on my part (+/- a few degrees or altitude).

Oliver
Old 11-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Silver Member

I love the Heads Up Display on FTE, which is an innovation that is remarkably useful at the range!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Silver Member

I use this as my goto feild program and i think it is superb , the best i've ever used anyway . It got me within an inch of centre on a steel fox target at 1000 yards with my CBS ! with my 260 rem.

being a bit suspicious of technology i still take a milldot master with me and written data because the F**K up fairies will always visit electronics when you spot the shot of a lifetime!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Silver Member

speaking of the shot of a lifetime, I used it in Kyrgyzstan to make a 599yard shot on my ibex. I had all the data on paper as well, and it really was just for confirmation, but it was spot on.
I have got the report ready and will post it soon.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Silver Member

it's a small world ! a friend of mine has just got back from kyrgyzstan after an ibex hunt , looking at the photos it looked like a fab hunt.