Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

idiots!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Gold Member

Re: idiots!!!!!

Morons.... But at least they called the authorities and didn't just skat when they saw smoke....
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

+1 w/Boss Hoss and BB. In fact that's why I discontinued my membership with a local range I'd been a member of for 25 years. Just too many spray and play macho, don't know range edicate or safety types.

I hope the get a bill for it. Glad no one got hurt.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Gold Member

I just had an "idiot"experience. I belong to two local ranges. The one I really prefer is about a 45 minute drive. The "other" one is only about 15 minutes away and has a much higher density of idiots. I only needed to chronograph a hand full of rounds so I thought I could get by going to the closer range and save some drive time.

When I arrived at the rifle range, there was a single shooter with an AR15 on the right hand side of the range and a 4 people in a group on the left side. No one was shooting when I arrived. Total width of the firing line is only about 50 feet. I noticed a tarp covered with pistol brass about 20 yards in front of the firing line on the left side. As I am unloading my stuff, the guy with the AR begins to fire on the right side of the range. As I turned around with an arm load of gear, I see the 4 guys on the right side of the range 25 yards in front of the firing line picking up brass off their tarp! The amazing thing is that I was the only one who saw a thing wrong with this situation. Even the 4 guys down range seemed to have no issue with the guy firing an AR 25 yards behind them only 50 feet away!

I quickly loaded my stuff and left. I knew the club president was just across the range so I went a notified him. By the time he got back the tarp was put away and everyone "had no idea" what he was talking about.

I dropped my membership to this club. This is the second incident I have been witness to and I've had enough. I'll drive the extra half hour!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

7mmsendaro, I'm in the same boat. The second range is about 25 miles further but, heck what ya gonna do...I'm not putting up with some of the BS at the closer range I cancelled my membership to. Stay safe.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Bronze Member

We always brought a few trash cans and filled them up when we went shooting and the range was clear. Broken bottles are the worst...

And shooting NFA stuff usually draws a crowd and can cause a lot of safety issues. It was always easier to have a 'shoot' and take the range over for the day, with safety officers in charge.

(Rotating, of course, so they could shoot, too!)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
We always brought a few trash cans and filled them up when we went shooting and the range was clear. Broken bottles are the worst...

Thanks for reminding everyone that their used targets need to be policed up and taken to the proper trash disposal site.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member

Never had any problems with broken glass or trash but, once in a while folks would forget and leave the target stand downrange so you'd wind up carrying your own and someone else's back to the shack.