Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I went up north to

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

I went up north to

kill a caribou . Actually , was planning on killing two . I wont go on about the hunt unless there are folks whats got to know . A odd tale it was for sure .

A pic or two is attached .

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/hisgrace/P1001991_1_130.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

Nice looking caribou. Who's the handsome dude you got to pose with your caribou?;);)

You know there a lot of folks whats got to know. Odd tale or not, start typing and get it on here for those of us less fortunate that have to stay home instead of running all over the globe hunting critters.;)
Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member

Odd tales are the best ones. I'll check back in later and hope to read the rest of your hunting story.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

what a build up! you're probably a journalist or that guy that wrote about the grizzly attack in the campground. of course we want to hear about it. we don't visit LRH to hear what Billary or Obama are up to!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

"The camp boss from Hades " or

"How Jim managed to kill a toothless caribou " Part ONE

You might say that getting there was half the fun . Some would say it was all the fun if they had experienced the trip as I did . While the flight to Montreal via Chicago was everyday stuff , the fun began as we were processing through the initial customs gate at the Montreal airport . Upon hearing me state that Scott and I were traveling together the customs lady ? promptly marked my papers in such a way that I was separated from Scott and had to undergo a lengthy waiting period at an additional immigration queue . When it came my turn with the officer there I was informed that I was an Irishman named James something or the other that I didn't catch .

That will get your heart going loud enough to hear and it doesn't help your knees any either . Stammering that I was James Brown from Ferndale in Arkansas I had the distinct impression that the officer was watching me very carefully with a stern visage . By now I was having images of back rooms ,bright lights and endless questions .

Then his face cracked ,a smile coming over it and he said " O h , my mistake , you just look like him , welcome to Canada , now what is the purpose of your visit " ? Not realizing I didn't have to be specific I blurted out " I want to kill" then froze realizing he may be a antihunter . Smile gone , frown back ." Caribou, caribou ! I spit out ", " I want to hunt caribou !!

I cant tell you how good it was to see that smile return as he handed me my passport and sent me on my way .Weak kneed , smelling of my own sweat I set off in search of Scott .

Fiding him we set off in search of our rifles and gear . Fully expecting some further assaults on my cardiovascular system I tried to brace myself for the experience of claiming two cases stuffed with advanced weaponry and countles rounds of ammunition along with assorted knives , facemasks and the like .

Several long corridors later we came out into a vast area that was totally devoid of peple of any kind . "Of course " , I thought , "all the other people had passed through here claiming their luggage hours ago while I was being assessed as a IRA operative " Nothing but long conveyors coming out of a great wall that appeared to be at least a kilometer away and some tiny specks . A hike across the cavern proved the specks to be our gear and guns . All by themselves , six thousand dollars worth , not a security officer in sight and no one to stop anyone from gathering it up .
Old 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Silver Member

Good, good. Waiting for more.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

Jimm, you shouldn't have called him "Honey". After that he probably thought you were a senator from Idaho.