close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reply

I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 105
Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Congrats and welcome to the money pit

No experience with the other 2, but i sure like my NF scopes. They function flawlessly, glass is excellent and they are extremely rugged field optics.
Im leaning towards the Vortex or the Burris which is the Riflescope with the built in laser rangefinder. Like you said a money pit but hey I enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 65 GRENDEL View Post
    Im leaning towards the Vortex or the Burris which is the Riflescope with the built in laser rangefinder. Like you said a money pit but hey I enjoy it.
    Between the two, I would pick a good Vortex. I've seen some video on the Eliminator and it looks cool, but... it seems not to let you customize your ballisitic info. From what I read, ballistic data is based off factory loads. Can't input environmental conditions such as density altitude. Also, many manufacturer's advertised bullet BC's are exaggerated. I also wonder how well the internals will hold up to repeated recoil? How long is the warranty? Don't mean to be a party pooper, but these are big questions for me.

    I think you're better of with a good hand held RF like the Lieca 1600 and a scope with BDC turret. Check your drops at ranges out to 700 yds and put one of these on the elevation turrets...

    Custom Turret Systems | Affordable Custom Turret Labels

    Good shooting
    __________________
    - Mark

    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
    ~ John Quincy Adams
    Reply With Quote

      #10  
    Unread 08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Posts: 1,130
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    I think the new burris eliminator has a downloadable ballistics system. That said I would still get a vortex.

    Its funny when people complain about not being able to afford 100 rounds a year for practice but they will spend 4-500$ on their gun rack for their atv or go on a guided hunt that costs more than a months wages.
    Reply With Quote
      #11  
    Unread 08-13-2013, 09:11 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 105
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Between the two, I would pick a good Vortex. I've seen some video on the Eliminator and it looks cool, but... it seems not to let you customize your ballisitic info. From what I read, ballistic data is based off factory loads. Can't input environmental conditions such as density altitude. Also, many manufacturer's advertised bullet BC's are exaggerated. I also wonder how well the internals will hold up to repeated recoil? How long is the warranty? Don't mean to be a party pooper, but these are big questions for me.

    I think you're better of with a good hand held RF like the Lieca 1600 and a scope with BDC turret. Check your drops at ranges out to 700 yds and put one of these on the elevation turrets...

    Custom Turret Systems | Affordable Custom Turret Labels

    Good shooting
    All legitimate questions that should be asked.
    Reply With Quote
      #12  
    Unread 08-13-2013, 09:13 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 105
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by angus-5024 View Post
    I think the new burris eliminator has a downloadable ballistics system. That said I would still get a vortex.

    Its funny when people complain about not being able to afford 100 rounds a year for practice but they will spend 4-500$ on their gun rack for their atv or go on a guided hunt that costs more than a months wages.
    Absolutely correct.
    Reply With Quote
      #13  
    Unread 08-14-2013, 07:48 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 593
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    Went out the other day, and thought I would see what I could do, with rock chucks as my target. This is what my systems are doing. You can check out our website at www.huntthedistance.com Video:
    Reply With Quote
      #14  
    Unread 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Georgia
    Posts: 105
    Re: I took my furthest shot today, 525 yards.

    What Caliber, scope etccc....?
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC