Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I-pod Touch, isnipe app

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Gold Member

I-pod Touch, isnipe app

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone out there is using the isnipe app on their I-phone, or I-pod.

I upgraded my wife to a Kindle fire, and I inhereted the i-pod. Since I didn't have any moble device of my own, I've never used a mobile calcuating app or program.

I've already down loaded it and at $10.00 it seemed It couldn't hurt....

Just wondering if any of you have tried it and would like to share experiences....

Thanks,

Dan
Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I-pod Touch, isnipe app

I have both i-snipe and shooter on my touch. i-snipe is a nice program. It is pretty intuitive and drops are right on. I doubt many would be disappointed with this program.

I personally like shooter better though. It has a better organized firearm and ammo section where all the specific loads for a certain firearm can be kept organized under the firearm name. I like this much better than just having all the loads all together, which is how i-snipe is organized. Much more in line with how my brain works and minimizes selecting the wrong load when more than one load with the same bullet is saved in your system. It also has some extra features like turret click compensation and the ability to save a load with the conditions that you zeroed the rifle and then show the changes that need to be made where you are shooting now. Very nice.

HTH,

Scot E.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

I also have the I-snipe app on my phone. I don't use it, I mainly used the ballistic FTE app I also have. I got the shooter app by Bryan litz and I now use that one all the time now. I feel that the shooter app is quicker to get environmental conditions and calculate drops vrs. the Ballistic FTE app. The shooter app also has a function to calibrate your velocity to correct for real world drops right in the app. I like that function so when you are done calibtrating your drops you can test it right away and see it before you go into the field. Just my $.02 but I do think that the shooter app is the nicest ballistic app on the market so far!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageShtr View Post
I also have the I-snipe app on my phone. I don't use it, I mainly used the ballistic FTE app I also have. I got the shooter app by Bryan litz and I now use that one all the time now. I feel that the shooter app is quicker to get environmental conditions and calculate drops vrs. the Ballistic FTE app. The shooter app also has a function to calibrate your velocity to correct for real world drops right in the app. I like that function so when you are done calibtrating your drops you can test it right away and see it before you go into the field. Just my $.02 but I do think that the shooter app is the nicest ballistic app on the market so far!!
Forgot about the trajectory validation! Another really nice feature and one that i-snipe doesn't have as of yet.

Scot E.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Bullet Flight works well. Easy to use.

They all suck if your battery dies. So, print a range card.

-- richard
Old 02-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Bronze Member

Try letfly deluxe. Thousands of bullet and each one can be tweaked. Uses weather station in the area to get the correct weather info
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Gold Member

Shooter looks good, and I'll look into letfly as well. I just happened to stumble on isnipe first, I've already loaded the info for 4 rifles and 10 loads. I just wish my fingers weren't so fat makes typing on a I-pod touch a pain in the....... well you know...

I'm just excited to try an app. I'll still use range cards, best to have a back up.

Thanks again,

Dan