Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I made the trade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Gold Member

I made the trade

well last week i ask your opinion on if i should trade a Rem 700 SPS 22-250 for a 257 Weatherby Vanguard. Well i made the trade and here it is. I threw a scope on it for now just a 3-9 but will shop around for something better. I did have to go in and adjust the trigger. I got it set as good as you can get a factory vanguard trigger. Had to do a little shaving. Well here are some pictures.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Silver Member

Re: I made the trade

It would look neat if you get that ram-line stock dipped.You should get a 30" barrel installed -N- what not . I like the vanguard its a really smooth action .Gunsmithing - Shop Gunsmithing Tools & Supplies at MidwayUSA

Roy killed a cape buffalo with the 257 wby
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Sweet little piece you have there.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460or338 View Post
It would look neat if you get that ram-line stock dipped.You should get a 30" barrel installed -N- what not . I like the vanguard its a really smooth action .Gunsmithing - Shop Gunsmithing Tools & Supplies at MidwayUSA

Roy killed a cape buffalo with the 257 wby
Really??? WOW! I love my .257 Wby Mag (fixing to buy a new one...), and am definitely an advocate of that cartridge. And I knew it was a powerful load........but never realize it was quite that powerful...

Then again....I guess any bullet placed in the perfect location could do the trick...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.