Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I found a very interesting article about us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Silver Member

I found a very interesting article about us.

Long-Range Shooting
It seems like there is a lot of people out there who think we aren't "real" hunters. I found this article very biased.
diderr,
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Bronze Member

The author seems to be more of a long range hunter than old avg. Joe. I don't like the idea that at some arbitrary distance hunting turns into shooting. The long range hunter has to do just as much "hunting" as someone putting up a tree stand. We could call tree stand hunting waiting couldn't we. If you want to get really torked do a youtube search for long range hunting and read the replies. That is if you haven't already. I can't understand where the judgemental attitude comes from.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Bronze Member

Oh by the way, the little video in the corner of your post is great!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member

On the contrary-----very well written and accurate. Way too many Goobers including I am sure SOME on this site who think getting a long range rifle, powerful scope, rangefinder, and some shooting sticks or shooting bags and they are good to go out to 1K. Much Much more to being consistently accurate at extreme ranges than just holding over an animal and hoping the bullet finds its mark. 10 years ago if a 400+ bull elk came out at 1K I would have very hard pressed to judge the drop, wind deflection and the value to assign it given the relative position of the wind to my POA. 10 years ago I would have passed on that shot now I have been able to hone my skills in the field and during competition (I always shoot for score and the matches and State Title have always been for score not group size anywhere on the target) that make that shot under almost all conditions a piece of cake.

The hunting part of that equation is still being able to position yourself in such a manner that you will have something to shoot at!!! LOL
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

I think he should not try to tell everybody how to hunt, we need to stick togather not fight about hunting.

Last edited by gravedigger; 01-21-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: NO REASON
Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
PUBLISHER

I thought it was a mild and well written article. I was not insulted by "his" definition of "hunting". He writes about enjoying the same technical aspects of longer-than-average shots on big game.

Sometimes I think our fraternity is a little too sensitive about someone else's definitions.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

I didn't think it was a big deal.