Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I found love with Leica scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Gold Member

Re: I found love with Leica scopes

How does the glass on the Leica compare to the Huskemaw? I really like the Leica but I wonder how reliable the elevation adjustments are on the turrets.. I think I can live with the limited moas as long as they are reliable
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
How does the glass on the Leica compare to the Huskemaw? I really like the Leica but I wonder how reliable the elevation adjustments are on the turrets.. I think I can live with the limited moas as long as they are reliable
The Leica glass is excellent, the best that I have used which includes most of the top rated scopes I/e NF, S&B, Leupold, Vortex etc. The adjustments are smack on, the only downer that I have found is the limited MOA of vertical travel, which I somewhat cured w/ the 20 MOA base. The vertical adj. is exposed and has a zero stop which limits to only one full rotation of the turret (360 degrees) After talking with the folks at Kenton Industries, they offer a custom turret without the top end zero stop. I plan to get a turret from Kenton as soon as I get all my data for a CHRISTIAN ARMS 300WSM, which is a whole different story.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Silver Member

The view through anything Leica makes is the best IMO. I guide elk and deer hunters 6 months a year and am tough on all my gear I go to great lengths to take extra care for all my optics. I bought one of the new apo
spotters when they came out and was blown away at the image quality. But their warranty help has diminished horribly over the last five years to the point I sold every piece of Leica glass I owned. Their costumer service is some of the worst in the optics world at this point. I have since switched back to Swaro for everything but my rifle scopes at this point. In the middle of a hunt when something fails I have not the time to argue with a rep why something is wrong. It's much more pleasant to walk back in to the store and have a rep tell the store clerk to get you a new one a asap and apologise for the mishap. Hope all goes well with your new scope.