Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

I finaly did it!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: I finaly did it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
That makes plenty of sense for going with the AM. My vortex pst is awesome, i love it. I havent looked through a nightforce but i am a bit surprised that you found the glass quality low on the ones you looked through. You going to shoot the 300 grain berger or smk?
One of my shooting buddies has the kight force scopes that I shot, we compared bothh side by side in low light and we both thought the psts were better. The knight force is about bullet proof and is known to hold up under heavy recoil. Yes I plan on the 300grn berger.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Platinum Member

As with about anything it's the wait that is the hard part. The result of that wait will be most rewarding.

You will be the hit of the range. 34" of barrel with the Painkiller brake will certainly give it some presence.

I wavered a bit between the 338 and 375 offering. All things considered, I feel the 338 AM the better choice. However I went with the 375 AM which certainly put the desire for something bigger tot sleep.

With SMKs the difference between the 338 & 375 are a few negligible pounds of energy. Otherwise they are pretty much twins.

I had a very very long wait and. It is very satisfying to have on-hand and ready to go on a moment's notice. 2013 will be the year for the big girl. Pack goats and equipment are ready to go. I should be in good shape (no more expendable/bad) body parts to shed. the only iffy part is the bull moose permit.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

so am I......if you care to have a cup of coffee sometime , pm me when and where. Fairly new to the area. took a job here in sept.