Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Hunting with tactical rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hunting with tactical rifle?

S1

Will type reallll slooow this time. Maybe it will finally sink in.

1. Said I had Eagle gear initially. Never said I did not.

2. Never said I had a 300 Win Mag. Suppose you might have CRS "Can't Remember S--T"?

3. Never said you could "only" get 25 miles, just said you could get that much. You assumed that meant only 25 miles and you know what they say about assumptions.

4. You assumed again because I had been an instructor, I "could not" which is another stupid fallacy on your part. Ask the British SAS, only the best become instructors, that is the rule. Just shows what you really know about special operations units instead of what you heard over a beer and so much for you personally verifying anything about special opns.

Finally, "you might have worked with people who have done it" and get all giggly inside talking to them and suddenly think that is you doing it, BUT I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT and for over 24 years when I retired and do not have to prove anything to you. You have not earned that right or my respect to even ask for that.

As for you being the "exeption around here", I think it is fair to say 99% will heartedly agree with that statement and that is not a positive.

Guess that means if you want to bet on BS'ing, I concede now, you got me hands down.

BH
Old 01-11-2003, 11:08 PM

BH

Your about 4,000 jumps shy of talking trash to me, sweat pea. It is amazing how you like to try and get personal when someone points out how outdated your facts are. Pull your brain out of the covered shoe box and look around you.

Read this slowly and carefully.

Just because you did not do it, does not mean other people can't.

I'll say it again,

Just because it does not happen in your limited little world, does not mean the rest of us won't make it happen.

Keep living in your box, and drawing lines in the sand, and I will keep laughing as people cross them, and do what they will to do, rather than serve your limited vision.

You really should get out more.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Alright guys, lets agree to disagree! The nice thing is that we are on the same side. There arn't many of us, and some of us here would like to learn from what others are acomplishing on this site. S1, I have seen the results of the work you have done in the pictures that have been posted. BH, I enjoy your writings and the pic.'s that you have posted. The only thing that you BOTH are lacking in is your ability to post more PIC'S! Now guys, kiss and make up. Remember, where humans are conserned, we sometimes don't always get along. Thats O.K.. We all do it, we all understand. Since not all of us have the funds to build all the rifles we want, nor to do all the hunting we would like to do, we must live off of the pic's that others post. So get too it, and stop wasting our time with petty rivalries! Still waiting for those pic's, guys!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Silver Member

Now how did the discussion of hunting with a Tac rifle get diverted to HALO jumps (check the Navy SEAL forum at Tactical forums). To return to the topic, my AI was easily carried while elk hunting by using the biathalon sling which is an option from AI. I thought about a drag bag, but it adds weight and bulk (tough to go silently through the woods with a drag bag, it's hard enough with just the barrel sticking up on the biathalon sling). But for open country, prarie and above timber line, it might be as good option as you could option it and have all your gear available. Does anybody make a drag bag that has a backpacking type of belt. Carrying a heavy pack without one of those thick, padded, backpacking belts is difficult to do for extended periods of time.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Silver Member

Don't know how it exactly happended either, Roadrunner! Hey, send me a pic of that sling if you can. With all the clothes I wear while hunting, the kidney belt would be hard to get to "seat", I think. Fully agree with the drag-bag in the woods. Its hard enough to get through the brush with just the rifle and a pack, if it was kept on the shoulder. Most places in the woods don't have exactly "groomed" trails for folks to walk on. Deer mosly duck under or walk around obstructions.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:22 PM
PUBLISHER

Nimrod makes a system you may be interested in. It is modular and can include a rifle scabbard which attaches to a harness and waist belt.

Nimrod Packs

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Silver Member

Cabelas also makes a nice pack. It has a molded back molding and has a large compartment for gear and has a smaller pack on the back attached to it. Inbetween the two packs it has straps to strap your gun or bow to it and has a butt stock holder that comes out to hold the gun. Used this pack on this years deer hunt and worked great.It evenly distrubuted the weight with a 12 pound rifle and gear inside.A neat set up.Cabela's bow and rifle pack.