Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Hunting with a muzzle brake, ear protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hunting with a muzzle brake, ear protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig View Post
I suffered perminate hearing loss in my right ear at less than 30 years of age thanks to someome touching off a .300 Jarret 4 ft from my ear. Why in the world does anyone need a muzzle break on a hunting rifle? The bench, Varmit rifles where you want to see the shot ok, but a hunting rife? Try wearing hearing protection in hot weather. I try to put in before any type of firing but its not always pratical.

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

If you cant handle the recoil by a mouse gun.
I wear hearing protection no matter what I shoot and no matter the weather. If the weather won't let me be comfortable with hearing protection, I'm not shooting that day.
It doesn't matter if I'm shooting my wife's .22LR or one of my braked long guns. I have decent hearing and I plan on keeping that way. I even wear ear protection when I hunt.
NO EAR PRO, NO GUN FUN.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64