Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HS Precision or Manners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Bronze Member

Re: HS Precision or Manners

I've read this on a couple e-searches. If its a common theme of inletting not matchin up then it might be worth sending the barrele action to them for a bedding job instead of doing it myself - no?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Silver Member

I just spent 600$ for a manners. The inletting did not fit on the receiver and the paint chipped very easily. I will never buy one again. Don't get caught in all the hoopla like I did, your pocket book will thank you and you won't shoot any better.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
I've read this on a couple e-searches. If its a common theme of inletting not matchin up then it might be worth sending the barrele action to them for a bedding job instead of doing it myself - no?
I just purchased a Manners t2 the inletting is lose as it should be as actions vary a little and with the installed pillars required very little prep to bed the action as with any stock for best accuracy. Right now I like it better than a HS I had , never had a McMillan.
Very pleased.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Based on my personal experience with 6 Manners stocks for my friends and customers go with McMillan and don't look back.

Regards,
Paul

Len Backus
Publisher
LRH
Old 07-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Gold Member

I have all three right now (Manners, McMillan & HS Precision). If you are looking at upgrading for better accuracy, then you will probably be disappointed. The HS is a great stock with great accuracy potential (assuming alum. bedding block). Any small increase in accuracy/grouping will probably not be worth the incremental cost.

If you are looking to upgrade based on fit or style, then you will be very pleased - and the addl. cost will probably be worth it.

I had no problems with my Manners Ultralight Hunter. Inletting was perfect, with only a light skim bed added. Having said that, my Manners was purchased some five years ago. I cannot speak to their quality control at this time. Customer service was exceptional for me.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Bronze Member

Yes I'm looking at manners for a better fit. Accuracy out of the HS has been good (if I bedded it, it could only improve). I'm just not a HUGE fan of the double palm swell on the HS.

Only thing thats stopping me from gettig a T5 or T5a is that i've never held one