Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HS Precision Detachable Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Bronze Member

HS Precision Detachable Magazine

Does anybody run an HS Precision Detachable magazine for their 300 RUM or the like? I see they offer a 3 round detachable mag system for the long action magnums but am curious what they allow for COAL. If anybody has one and could fill me in I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Gold Member

Re: HS Precision Detachable Magazine

I have a 338 RUM with the detachable magazine. 3.67 is the MAX coal that will fit in the mag. I use mine as I do all my LR rifles as a single shot, loading for accuracy and optimal performance not to fit the magazine. Even if you use the magazine and load as long as possible, the rounds banging around in the magzine will get the tips all banged up. Forget about "follow up shots", do your homework and make your first shot your only shot. If you have rounds accessable, it will not take much longer to drop a fresh round in anyway.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post
Does anybody run an HS Precision Detachable magazine for their 300 RUM or the like? I see they offer a 3 round detachable mag system for the long action magnums but am curious what they allow for COAL. If anybody has one and could fill me in I would appreciate it. Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, and just like Elk chaser I do not want to hear about how I can not shoot as well as some one, or how my smk's will get all banged up. I to am building a rifle and want to hear how this magazine system functions for them.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 PM
SPONSOR

I have used HS bottom metal on a couple 300 ultra builds. The mag system works fine. My only gripe is mag is not easy to remove, i perfer to be able to make a quick mag change if needed. They are clean and look pretty good.
Jason

Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear mostly positive reviews of the system. I have one on my 243 AI that I'm a big fan of. Just hoping to hear the same of the larger magazine system to try out in my new A5. I will he happy to give a full report once my rig is fully assembled.

Last edited by Elk Chaser; 02-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.