Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

how often "honestly" do most here shoot past 500 yards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: how often "honestly" do most here shoot past 500 yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Send them home before they do to your state what they did to Colorado.

Then pray for "the big one"... .
I have been praying for the big one for years for several reasons my friend.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member

The family ranch is about 40mins north of where I live. Pretty much free to do as I like (don't shoot the cows). I have dedicated steel at 1060 & several smaller portable steel targets that I can set up at intermittent distance. I also have a silhouette that I plan to set up at 1760 but haven't gotten there yet.

In regards to the question posed... every time I guess... which isn't nearly as often as it should be.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA48 View Post
What's your job exactly? Sign me up!
I'm interning at GA Precision making marketing videos for their guns!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Bozeangeles is Bozeman Mt. with a Southern Californian, Hollywood surfer type infestation problem.
kinda like liberal wolves actually. They're flooding out of Cali & ruining Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, & Utah with no end in site, & no way to keep them in check

P.S. you forgot Oregon

Hey now, I'm stuck living here on the left coast, the land of fruits and nuts. What do you think that is like?? The only reason I haven't moved elsewhere is because my business and all my family are here, but it's driving me nuts the idiots we have living here and running our state. Lucky I do not live in any of the major cities, that would drive me away in a heart beat.
You guys only get a small taste of what it is really like. We are not all weirdos and super liberal here.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Gold Member

I now do ALL of my shooting at 750. Load development...plinking...practicing..everything. When the crops come off I can streach this to 1200. The only time I shoot closer is if I can't find my impacts on the berm at 750, or I need to conferm my zeros.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Bumpo View Post
Judging from the replies, apparently everybody but me is regularly shooting 800 yards or better. In addition, nearly everyone is from Montana, Wyoming, Texas, New Mexico, or Nebraska. For those that give their location, only CenterShot is from a midwestern state (I assume Tyler Kemp is from K.C. region since he makes the videos for G.A. Precision; and, I have no idea where Bozeangelas is - a reference to Bozeman, maybe?).
Hey Natty,
What part of Missouri are you from? I have problems finding a place to shoot over 350 without a pretty good drive. The club I belong to has a 500 meter range but it's 65 miles one way. I'm looking for a couple of spots that I can get to in a few minutes so I can get out farther at least a couple times a week. I figure 350 is better than nothing so that is what I shoot regularly. When I put that first shot on target past 500 yards I was hooked!

Bob
Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member

I shoot long range F-class about once a month in the non hunting season as a form of practice for long range hunting. I am not really a competitive shooter but at the end of the day your score is an indication of your skill and equipment at a fixed distance and from a perfectly comfortable position.