Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HORUS VISION COSINE INDICATOR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Gold Member

HORUS VISION COSINE INDICATOR

Does anyone out there have their hands on the new Horus vision cosine angle indicator ? I have seen pictures and read that a few of you are looking at it, but I still have not heard from anyone with one.

How rugged is it ? The pics may not do it justice, but it just does not look as robust and tough as the ACi sniper tools version. What are everyones thoughts ?

It got my attention because it has the bubble and cosine in one location which I would imagine would be a plus ?? It also seems a fairly cheap package when compared to all the pieces you need for ACI ?

As I have never owned one before, I am open to all thoughts. Also can anyone enlighten me as to the correct side to mount the unit being right handed. I would imagine lhs of rifle ??

Many thanks again all.

Cheers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Gold Member

Re: HORUS VISION COSINE INDICATOR

I bought one awhile ago. It's a nice unit. It's pretty rugged. The bubble level is a little small and the whole unit itself is a little big. asthetically the sniper tools one looks better imo. I do think the horus is built better though. I also like the fact that it reads in both cosine and angle.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Gold Member

Re: HORUS VISION COSINE INDICATOR

[ QUOTE ]
I bought one awhile ago. It's a nice unit. It's pretty rugged. The bubble level is a little small and the whole unit itself is a little big. asthetically the sniper tools one looks better imo. I do think the horus is built better though. I also like the fact that it reads in both cosine and angle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you nailed it I agree word for word.
UB