Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Holland Brake-Is This Right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Holland Brake-Is This Right?

Gentlemen,

Greetings, thanks for the kind words on our RADIAL BAFFLE QUICK DISCHARGE muzzle brakes. They are indeed a very effiicient design and work incredibly well on rifles and pistols. Mr. Carlock's formula is correct simply divide the thread pitch into 1.00 and you have the number of thousands required for a full revolution/index of the brake. All Holland Brake designs feature a 28 tpi thread pitch. It is best IMHO when getting close to TDC ( top dead center) to go slow and take just a couple of thousands off at a time. The use of Loctite is okay, we prefer to use an anti-seize compound when assembling and torque the brake to around 30-40 ft. lbs.

To the gentlemen that said we mis-installed the brake (alignment) Be sure that the brake is not over tightended??? I do my best to make perfect installations, and am not aware of anything leaving the shop that would have missed my eye??? I will glady re-index if that is the case???

On another note, beware of Imitators copying our brake designs and using our Quick Discharge trademark. All of our brakes are machined from heat-treated materials and are of the finest workmanship possible. If you know of some uncreative type who is knocking-off our designs I'd appreciate knowing who it is???

As gunsmiths we work hard to develope a solid product line and reputation that supports our family and employees. Its irritating to see people try and degrade those efforts with lesser quality copies.

Best regards to all,

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Silver Member

It's great to see the integrity and class of the smiths that support LongRangeHunting.com

Shawn, Kirby, Darrell, Nate and others not named all set the standard for creating works of art and do this while providing stellar customer service. As I read through the thread to Darrell's post I thought to myself that I would have no problem handing any one of them a check and asking when my personal piece art would be complete. I can't say that about anybody in my town or within several hundred miles.

Of course none of this would be possible without our host Len Backus and his fellow moderators.

Thank You all

Southpaw
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
It's great to see the integrity and class of the smiths that support LongRangeHunting.com

Shawn, Kirby, Darrell, Nate and others not named all set the standard for creating works of art and do this while providing stellar customer service. As I read through the thread to Darrell's post I thought to myself that I would have no problem handing any one of them a check and asking when my personal piece art would be complete. I can't say that about anybody in my town or within several hundred miles.

Of course none of this would be possible without our host Len Backus and his fellow moderators.

Thank You all

Southpaw
Cheers!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 AM
SPONSOR

Dear Southpaw,

Thanks for the support.... I like the the other "smiths" mentioned work hard to make our customers happy and over the years develope a product line that we are known for. Imagine someone taking the Allen Line of cartridges and calling it their own, or bootlegging all the hard work Shawn has done with his video's???

We all need to stick together and support those dedicated individuals who dedicate their lives to the sport and occupation they love. Len needs a lot of credit as well, he provides the hard work and technical talent to see that long range shooters/hunters enjoy this forum.

Thanks again for your support and efforts on behalf of us all.

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member

I just put the new radial brake on my 338 Lapua AI and it works unbelievable. The QD brake was nice, but the radial is so much more efficiant.

BH
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
SPONSOR

Dear Bounty Hunter,

Glad you are a happy camper, tell the world about our products.

Have your tried Advanced Reticle Technology in a Leupold Nighforce or Schmidt & Bender yet????

Our Ballistc DATA CARD MAKER is another product that you'll love. Give the girls a call and have them send you a program. Tell them I said it a FREEBIE.... It is compatible with Sierra Inifnity 5.1 and 6.0

541-439-5155

Be safe and shoot straight!!!

Respectfully,

Darrell Holland