Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The High Shoulder Shot Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: The High Shoulder Shot Works

lerch,

Great story & a well executed plan to break the 3yr spell. Man BJ is some bud, hang on to him forever. Thanks for the pictures too. You mentioned that the G1's were pretty long in your story? I have always known the the G1's as the brow tines and the 2nd antler tine to be the G2. Here is a website that explaines what I'm talking about -- just an fyi:

http://www.whitetails.com/deer_info/antler_scoring.cfm
Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Nice job Lerch. Good lookin' buck.

Being up in a ladder stand and being about 9'8"s tall gives you a real advantage for looking into the brush!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm thinking BJ must have been kneeling in the bogs since he's wet to his chest and you're only wet to just above the knees??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Nice story and pics----RHB
Old 11-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Silver Member

Hey Lerch,
Sounds like BJ was a “giant” help in getting that buck out of the slough. You’re lucky to have a friend like that, especially after referring to him as “Miget”.
I also have one of those miniature hunting/fishing buddies.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I call mine #8 (because Snow White had the first 7). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I’ve even thought about starting a thread in Equipment Reviews just to extol on all the great attributes of a vertically challenged hunting partner. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Dave
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I also have one of those miniature hunting/fishing buddies. I call mine #8 (because Snow White had the first 7). I’ve even thought about starting a thread in Equipment Reviews just to extol on all the great attributes of a vertically challenged hunting partner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

nice job! not a "bad" buck at all!

thanks for sharing the story..creative writing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

the look on your neices face is great! "Venison...its whats for dinner [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]"!

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 11-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
I also have one of those miniature hunting/fishing buddies.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I call mine #8 (because Snow White had the first 7). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] THATS GOOD!

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Gold Member

Nice Buck, Congrats.

By the way, try those Thermocells, you'll never have mosquito problems again!