Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Hey 7mmRHB??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Hey 7mmRHB??

I was reading a post about the wildcat cartridge of yours with the same user name. I have been considering building the same type of 7mm off the 300 ultra mag case. I'm just wondering if you could tell me more information about the cartridge?? I really like the idea of the shorter magnum case without a belt. If you want to keep it private you can send me an email at falcotait@softcom.net Thanks, Steve
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hey 7mmRHB??

A little history for ya Stevet. 7mmRHB got together with Good grouper and Uncle B by going out and showing them what he could do with a .22 hornet. The ranges were unreal for this caliber.

If you are interested in a 7mm he designed be forewarned. That baby is going to be waiting for you to catch up with what it can do for quite some time.

But this is a good thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Silver Member

Thanks 4ky,you make a great PR man.7mmrhb
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Silver Member

Stevet,the rational thing to do is a7mm Dakota IMP. like Kirby did with his 6.5AX. Lots less work involved to form the brass.
The reason I did it the hard way was so my bolt wouldn't have to be modified. (you might want to go back to an Ultra mag some day) Either way it's a very efficiant case.
It will be interesting to see if it can perform well with the heavy VLDs (168 to 200gr) It has easily produced higher velocities than the 7mmUltra mag with the 140gr ABs and 80grs RL22 Whether it can do that with the smaller cap. and heavy bullets remains to be seen. 7mmrhb----a7mmrhb@netzero.net
Old 11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member

Isn't it a7mmrhb@netzero.com?
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:41 PM

7mmRHB, I'm not a very rational guy. I looked into the Dakota and didn't like the idea of modifying the bolt. I believe it would have had a feeding problem also. So, tell me more about the process making your brass. I am re-barreling my 7mmSTW and considering changing chambers at the same time. I like my STW, but would like to venure into something similar with better options, such as a shorter, fatter, non-belted case to seat the bullets out. I'll send you an email...Steve
Old 11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Silver Member

GG, thanks for pointing out that I don't even know my own E-mail address.

Stevet check your mail. 7mmrhb