Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

HELP!! swival stud issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Gold Member

HELP!! swival stud issues

I guess the issue is is that I lost the ones off of my hunting gun. Mid 90s Remington Sendaro and a mid 90s remington Varment synthetic. They are the same, as I do have one set that fit both guns. I had gotten a set from Bronells. I visited with them a bit about them before I placed the order. I told them I thought that the ones I needed were differant than the ones I had seen on thier website. He sad I was mistaken...they are all the same...we have lots...here, buy these. So I did. I don't even need to open the bag to know that they are NOT RIGHT.

Does anyond have a sorce for them, or a part number, or some for sale??? Season starts next Friday, and I am desperate!!!!

Thanks,
Tod

Last edited by 4xforfun; 10-27-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: HELP!! swival stud issues

Any screw in stud swivel replacement should work.

What I did on mine though was get the bigger ones that are tapped in, and use the qd release mounts.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
Any screw in stud swivel replacement should work.

What I did on mine though was get the bigger ones that are tapped in, and use the qd release mounts.

That is what the Bronells guy said, also......trust me....they don't. I have several differant studs lying around...the studs on the sendero have a slightly corser thread than any of the others I have around. I'm not talking corser like a wood screw thread....just a little corser than all the others I have lying around, and they DO NOT WORK.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xforfun View Post
That is what the Bronells guy said, also......trust me....they don't. I have several differant studs lying around...the studs on the sendero have a slightly corser thread than any of the others I have around. I'm not talking corser like a wood screw thread....just a little corser than all the others I have lying around, and they DO NOT WORK.
I pulled one out of my .300 Rum and looked at it. They appear to be about a 3/16x24 thread.

I believe McMillan makes the Sendero Stock so call them or call Remington and they should be able to help you.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Gold Member

Just went back into the parts bin....the studs that everyone says should work is a metric 5mm x .80 pitch. The 5mm nut screws right on. The studs for my sendaro look like SAE threads, but I do not have anything that small in parts room to check it against.

Anyone???
Old 10-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
I pulled one out of my .300 Rum and looked at it. They appear to be about a 3/16x24 thread.

I believe McMillan makes the Sendero Stock so call them or call Remington and they should be able to help you.
Not McMillan...they are made by ...CHIT....I can't remember......It starts with an H I believe.

God, it's hell getting old.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Here's how I rigged mine. Not only does it make the sling more practical when using it to steady up for a shot, the rifle is far more comfortable and secure when slung flat against your back.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
HELP!!  swival stud issues-img_0072.jpg   HELP!!  swival stud issues-img_0071.jpg